Thursday, March 4, 2010

Took Myself of Celebrex

I took myself off Celebrex completely on 2/24/2010. I ran into some issues last week and it felt like I was having some kidney problems (nothing major as it turns out.) I read on line that mixing an NSAID with Methotrexate can cause kidney issues, so I decided then and there that I had to drop the Celebrex.

With the introduction of M to my PA regimen, I think the Dr. wanted me off Celebrex anyway. She cut me from two pills a day to one.

She didn't really tell me why though, so I was hesitant to make the change. That stems from a previous bad experience. Once when I was taking Plaquenal (sp) and Celebrex together, I stopped the Celebrex and I paid dearly. My ankles were so painful I felt like Herman Munster walking around. I dreaded stopping completely now, but I didn't want to ruin my kidneys.

As it turns out, a week a later, I feel great. Even today. I walked this morning and usually that means I'm going to be stiff and sore during the day. But I just got up from my desk and I feel better then I have in a long time.

I guess that means that for me the M is better then the P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers